Year End Review
Where do I start? Definitely an interesting year! Plenty of highlights and so much to be thankful for. Definitely not what I expected at the beginning of 2019.
The numbers don’t look too bad. There’s a fair bit of riding, although the numbers hide a whole host of stories. A series of highlights that I can probably spend the next few weeks unpacking in more detail.
What the numbers don’t show is the 4 months I had totally off a bike following a major crash and the following 4 months of gradual recovery, bringing me back to a point where I can just about begin to dream a little and make some tentative plans for 2020.
The Best Bits:
- Returning to being able to ride again, even if I’m still getting fully strong.
- Winter Solstice ride. I may only have floated round, but felt good all day.
- The John ride. First decent length ride. 100km just 4 weeks back into riding. Really enjoyed it and was great getting John round. Showed that hard work and planning can get you there. (For both of us.)
- Track, from lapping the field at Derby to holding the wheel at Manchester. It’s just great to be back to it being a part of it.
- Commuting every day. It’s added a new rhythm to my work life and a strength and resilience to my riding. Despite some of the worst winter weather – it’s been great!